Ridgeons recognise staff achievements
Published: 23 September, 2011
SAFFRON WALDEN: Independent merchants Ridgeons yesterday honoured staff at all levels within the company with its annual staff recognition awards.
Journalist and Breakfast TV presenter Bill Turnball officiated to an intimate gathering of 70 Ridgeons staff.
Group managing director Angela Rushforth said: "Our annual recognition awards are intended to formally recognise extraordinary individual and team performance."
Over 120 nominations were recieved over eleven awards, with the usual nine awards being complimented with two new categories this year: the Fundraiser of the Year and the Lifetime Achiever. Congratulations go to:
- Extraordinary Customer Service Champion Of The Year - Martin Chubb of Sudbury branch.
- Salesperson Of The Year - Paul Johnson and Michael Black of Ridgeons Forest products (joint).
- Driver Of The Year - Calvin Lee of March branch.
- Terry Parker Training & Development Award - Phil Firman of Norwich South branch.
- Team Of The Year - Sudbury Transport.
- Branch/Department Of The Year - Bury St Edmunds and the Finance Departmet (joint).
- Manager Of The Year - Martin Hurrell of Halesworth brans and Rebecca Mason, Group HR manager (joint).
- Bright Idea Of The Year - Andy Yeoman of March Branch.
- Matt Taylor Award For Outstanding Achievement - Garry Smith of Martlesham Heath and Ipswich branches.
- Fundraiser of the Year - Ian Newman of Saffron Walden.
- Lifetime Achievement - Gaham Skillen of Ridgeons Forest Products.