Internal Sales Consultant
Published: 04 July, 2012
Sector: Civil engineering products
Salary: £20k - £25k +bonus
To sell products and services by prospecting and pro-actively initiating successful new sales opportunities within the UK market. To respond to clients enquiries, communicate on technical issues and increase sales volume in line with sales policy.
To fulfill UK market needs and engender confidence as a supplier so as to engender repeat business. To keep abreast of competitor information and strategies. To keep abreast of markets and identify opportunities for products to source and sell. To cross-feed opportunities to sales personnel whenever appropriate. Pricing, quotations and quotation follow up. Negotiation with customers and closing the sale successfully. Key account management. Visiting clients and sites. Product champion.
- Achieve personal sales targets and assist in achieving departmental target.
- Proactively contact clients by telephone to sell products and services
- To work in conjunction with field based technical salesperson, to provide sales support to them and also to work together in identifying qualified leads.
- Develop and manage a database of clients through sales activities and by inputting data in accordance with procedures
- Negotiate prices and sell benefits to win orders
- To fully understand and respond to clients needs by building and maintaining relationships
- Undertake visits to customers and sites regularly (1-2 days per month) and as required to increase sales.
- Provide pricing and quotations for products, bought-in products and services
- Identify the most appropriate alternative products and prices when generic or competitor products are specified
- Entering competitors information to standard company spreadsheets
- Follow up quotations, sales leads and spot opportunities for products and services
- Sales order processing
- Departmental liaison (administration, marketing, other sales people, etc)
- Interdepartmental liaison (production, logistics, accounts, technical)
- Mailings, standard letters, samples and literature origination and dispatch
- Provide training and support for clients
- Negotiating prices and ordering of relevant products for stock and direct to site
- Work in compliance with the company’s QA procedures
Basic £20,000 - £25,000 + bonus (ote£30,000) (bonus is 2% of margin on contributing sales above threshold plus bonus on achievement of target)
Benefits: 24 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays per annum.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm (40 hours)
Travel: travel to clients required either by pool car or private mileage allowance.
Other: the successful candidate will be given in-house training on all aspects of the products to be sold, however, further self learning whilst on the job is essential. The candidate will also be expected to make a reasonable number of visits to sites and customers throughout the UK.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now by sending your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All successful applicants will be contacted within seven days.