A company spokeswoman said: "We are looking to upgrade our current store, to give our customers a better shopping experience in a new and bigger store on Castle Retail Park. CPUK is building a 61,000 sq ft extension to provide retail and warehousing space and 214 additional parking spaces. The scheme is due for completion in June. B&Q will occupy 35,000sq ft of the extra space with a garden centre/builders yard of 18,000sq ft."
B&Q is to open a new store and has signed a pre-let agreement to take space at Castle Retail Park in Ullswater Road, Penrith. B&Q already has a Penrith outlet, in Bridge Lane, which has traded for more than 20 years. The staff there will transfer to the new branch.
For the Builders' Merchants News enewsletter.
In the spotlight
Builders Merchants Vacancies – UK Wide
We work closely with the National and Large Independent Builders Merchants as well as Manufacturers & Distributors. We have vacancies all over the UK for those who work within the Building Supplies sector.
Is DIY a lost art?
As time goes by, the art of do-it-yourself when it comes to activities around the home and garden is fast becoming more and more of a lost art.
Most read articles
- Ready-mixed versus powdered – the big debate
- New branches add to NBG's success
- Higgins Building Supplies’ open day commemorat...
- Juice by Jewson reaches four million redemptio...
- New P&H branch for RGB
- Kent Blaxill opens Saffron Walden store
- Celebrating 40 years within the merchant business
- Merchants are back in London’s Lord Mayor Show
- Encon demonstrates commitment to independent b...
- Paddy Ashdown confirmed as first speaker for B...