BMF announces new Board members
Published: 12 May, 2014
Two new members have been elected to the Board of the Builders Merchants Federation. Kevin Fenlon of RGB and Nikki Mortimer of GPH Builders Merchants replace two resigning directors, Allan Bartlett of Keith Builders Merchants and Neil Lawrence of Gibbs & Dandy.
Mr Fenlon has been chief executive of RGB for the last 14 years and is the current trading director of Fortis Heavyside. He was also actively involved with the BMF Young Merchant group for many years.
Ms Mortimer has been a board director at GPH Builders Merchants since 2007 and the company's sales & marketing director for the last three years. She is a BMF Scottish Regional Past Chair and is an NBG Category Management team member.
Under the BMF rules, Board Directors serve for an initial period of three years. Two directors stood for re-election this year – Stewart Pierce of Parker Building Supplies and Stephen Thompstone of Buildbase – and both were unanimously re-elected. Mr Pierce will continue in his role as BMF deputy chairman.
The Board also appointed two additional non-voting advisers to strengthen the advice available to it on merchant and supplier issues. Neil Lawrence, managing director of Gibbs & Dandy, and Charles Ledigo, chairman of Reisser, have been appointed as merchant and supplier advisers respectively.
The new BMF Board comprises:
- BMF chairman: Peter Hindle, senior vice president, Saint-Gobain
- BMF managing director: John Newcomb
- Federation secretary: Peter Matthews
Non-executive Elected Directors:
- Kevin Fenlon, chief executive, Rawle Gammon & Baker Holdings
- Paul Hetherington, chief executive, Marshall-Tufflex
- Nikki Mortimer, sales & marketing director, GPH Builders Merchants
- Stewart Pierce (BMF Deputy Chairman), financial & commercial director, Parker Building Supplies
- Stephen Thompstone, managing director, Buildbase
- Hon. Treasurer: Steve Vickers, financial director, Turnbull & Co
- Merchant: Neil Lawrence, managing director, Gibbs& Dandy
- Supplier: Charles Ledigo, chairman, Reisser