We are retained by one of the UK’s leading specialist distributor Builder merchants of who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit an Assistant Branch Manager who will work closely with the Branch Manager to ensure all accounts develop profitability and the St Ives, Cambridgeshire branch run smoothly.
This is a “hands on” position where you will have the opportunity to progress and develop your career
- To make every endeavor to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- To arrange quotations, deliveries etc. to suit the customer (within reasonable levels) and not themselves.
- To make available a full selection of literature etc. as required.
- To direct, control and assist all staff under your care.
- To carry out all requirements with regard to the administration as detailed in the depot manual.
Transportation of Goods
- To ensure all goods are transported (by their own or other means) safely, on time and correctly to the required place.
- To ensure all vehicles at the branch are safe, maintained, serviced and cleaned as required. i.e. all checks carried out with regard to daily and weekly requirements.
- Route sheets maintained
- Vehicles cleaned weekly
- Vehicle checks and servicing as detailed on service sheet
- To ensure staff are wearing suitable clothing
- To ensure time keeping is as agreed
- To maintain daily time sheets
- To report absences due to sickness and holiday
- To maintain Accident Book and keep First Aid Box
- To ensure all aspects of Health and Safety are maintained
- To maintain stock at correct levels and in a clean and tidy manner
- To ensure slow moving or obsolete stock is dealt with via proper procedure
- To ensure stock movements are correct
- To quarantine damaged/faulty stock
- To be responsible for value of stock and to justify losses of stock which may occur.
As Assistant Branch Manager, you will be responsible for managing existing accounts be proactive in internal & external sales calls, maximise sales opportunities and work on the trade counter as required. You will take full responsibility for the branch in the manager’s absence and be expected to operate a Zero Harm Health and Safety policy. Full training will be provided for the right applicant.
Successful candidates must have:
- Supervisory experience and a good knowledge of the trade/construction industry as well as knowledge of products and services available
- Previous exposure to all aspects of a branch, including Sales, Operations, Administration and Stock Control
- Great communication and organisational skills and an excellent telephone manner
- A methodical approach and an eye for detail, as well as being IT literate
- Self-motivation and the ability to embrace change
- Highly proficient in data extraction and manipulation.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Excellent IT Skills
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Area: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £27k, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday + bank holidays. 46.5 hours: Monday to Friday 7am-16.30pm + 4 Hours every 2nd Saturday morning
Vacancy No: 4621
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Luke Chaplin
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 107