Are you interested in joining an award-winning distributor of construction and engineering products?
With a history that spans over 38 years, our Client has grown into one of the UK’s most successful construction product distribution businesses with specialist teams dedicated to each of their key market sectors, allowing them to add value at every stage of a construction project.
Their network of branches across the UK stock a wide range of products from market-leading brands and they pride themselves on efficient, on –time and fast delivery coupled with first-class technical expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company whose products are held in high regard at an exciting stage in their development in the UK construction sector.
Key Responsibilities of the role
Reporting to: Branch Director
- To achieve and maintain agreed levels of sales and profitability within defined market sectors within the branch.
- To establish and develop a stable client base to support branch sales and margin.
- To manage and motivate your internal sales team.
- To liaise with operational and external sales team to co-ordinate sales activities.
Customer Service and Performance
- To achieve and maintain agreed plans for sales and margins by servicing existing client base local to the branch, within the defined market sectors. Ensure the maximum return from trading arrangements in place and opportunities arising from central negotiation and promotion.
- To achieve planned sales and margins by developing trading with target accounts, both new and existing, within the sectors.
- To develop sales by pricing and negotiating competitively for work, making best use of trade leads, project-tracking information, and local knowledge.
- To develop sales by promoting new product to appropriate client base.
- To develop sales by promoting a range of relevant products to new and existing accounts.
- To plan area sales activities effectively and efficiently by making best use of project-tracking, and trade leads.
- To plan product promotion in conjunction with supplier personnel to achieve branch targets within required timescales.
- To report commercial activities exceptional to plans, to suggest and initiate corrective action where required.
- To report commercial activities routinely, maintaining customer records, reporting and monitoring progress towards agreed objectives.
- Lead, monitor and motivate employees
- Identify employee training needs and ensure that it is implemented through their Academy and records are kept up to date
- Conduct regular team meetings
- Works with HR to recruit personnel
- To maintain a current product knowledge relevant to duties, in liaison with supplier personnel and undertaking training where appropriate.
- To develop sales by opening new trading accounts for branch within the defined market sector and within set procedures for establishing credit facilities.
- Carry out performance reviews in line with company procedure and creates personal development plans for each member of the team
- Identify employee performance issues, absence and disciplinary issues and manages in line with HR processes.
- To maintain personal price lists, to ensure possession of a full and current set.
- Ensure you are familiar with health and safety rules and regulations, and that your responsibilities as an employee, in respect of health and safety, are carried out in full.
Key relationships externally with Market sector customers and Market sector suppliers and internally with Branch Director, Regional Director, Regional Sales Manager, External Sales Team, Branch employees and Credit Control
Key Knowledge and Experience required
- Experience in a sales driven role
- Experience in both internal and external sales
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Results driven
- Commercially focused
- Customer Service
- People Management
- IT Knowledge
This role offers the successful Candidate numerous opportunities for career progression along with continuous training and development.
Location/Area: South West (Mixture of internal and field based sales)
Salary: Negotiable + High OTE
Benefits: Car, Laptop, Mobile, Healthcare, Pension, 25 Days Holiday
Vacancy No: 4226
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Hayley Reynolds
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 108