Are you an extremely motivated, dedicated and confident HUNTER PROFILE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER with experience in promoting design led Commercial Interior Products, Furniture, Workspace & Interior Fit Out Solutions to End User Clients (Corporate & Major Occupying and SME’s), Architects & Interior Designers?
If so, this could be exactly what you are looking for?
We are very proud to be collaborating with an industry leading and ultra-respected Furniture, Workspace and Interior Fit Out Solutions company who due to an exciting growth and expansion plans are seeking to recruit an experienced NEW BUSINESS FOCUSED BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to join their very dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial team with responsibility for promoting their full solution offering with a specific emphasis on End User clients (70%) and the Architectural & Design fraternity (30%)
General Purpose of the Role:
- To find, pre qualify and win new business! It is important to you to be part of a dynamic sales team and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get involved!
- Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is multifunctional and will involve dealing with all customer groups in a strategic fashion with new business and client retention being the main function.
- This opportunity will give the successful candidate an exceptional platform to create and build their own destiny with the full backup and support of everyone within the business
- You will be working as part of a team to develop a sales and market share in the commercial office arena. Principally responsible for the development of projects, relationships and sales in the commercial segment of the business
- Find, pitch and secure new business sales within an agreed profile.
- Pitch to end user clients and ‘professional’ teams to win business.
- Highly Pro-Active NEW BUSINESS sales role.
- Develop and forge relationships with key decision makers within Corporate & Major occupying and SME’s End User clients and Architects & Interior Designers.
- Contribute to overall sales strategy with Managing Director.
- Front end sales, being able to lead & influence the client and be credible and trusted with decision making (internally & externally)
- Liaison with clients & professionals across all disciplines & departments to ensure all requirements are covered.
- Find, develop and refer opportunities to the sales team.
- Network with key industry representatives within the group and with external prospects to gain first class knowledge of key opportunities in the marketplace.
- Work within the business and sales teams to develop own opportunities.
- Maximise margin opportunities through negotiation with suppliers.
- Manage & co-ordinate internal resources and assist in producing pitch & marketing documents for presentations.
- Securing projects with a key focus on driving sales & margin.
- Overall responsibility for generating and pre qualifying new business opportunities with the support of the operational teams.
- Exposure with CRM system to develop agreed sales strategy
- It is the responsibility of the BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to ensure that all information acquired through attending appointments, pitches, client/project meetings, telephone calls etc. is uploaded and continuously updated in the CRM system throughout the project lifecycle up until the point of completion, with the latest information including but not limited to e.g. email addresses, Sq ft. info, action dates, building information, company information etc.
- The CRM process includes the use of dashboards and completion of data for sales forecasting at month end. Completion of the entire CRM process is seen as a business-critical function and failure to comply with the process could lead to a performance review.
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience managing commercial furniture projects.
- Understanding of the commercial parameters.
- Comprehensive understanding of FF&E, cable management, Ergonomics/Ergonometric (as known as Human Factors) and sustainability
- Ability to make commercial decisions independently.
- Minimum 5 -10 years Furniture, Workplace Fit-Out or closely aligned commercial interiors industry sales experience.
- Ability to manage clients at all levels.
- Established client and professional contacts preferably with End users & A&D are ESSENTIAL
- A true passion for design and wellbeing in the workplace
- Strong commercial acumen with a wider sales outlook.
- Professional and charismatic.
- Highly motivated with a strong ability to open and close
- Presentable & sociable.
- Dynamic & enthusiastic personality.
- High level of drive to achieve and succeed.
- A high level of confidence enabling a strong impact to be made on others.
- Ability to hold others attention and influence decisions.
- Articulate & Numerate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Self motivated individual who can work well either on their own or in a team.
- Candidates must have a background in Commercial Interior Products or Service, Furniture and Workspace solutions
- Ability to manage own area; introduce tailored customer solutions to drive sales forward.
- Proven track record and a proactive approach to Solution Selling and having strong existing relationships with the require route to market in London
- Competent IT skills are required – MS Office, Word, Outlook etc
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure with an excellent attention to detail
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and an exceptional understanding of the specification design process with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence.
SALARY & BENEFITS: VERY HIGH BASIC SALARY (up to £70,000 Neg D.O.E), UNLIMITED EARNING POTENTIAL (TBD% OF GP), TRAVEL ALLOWANCE £6,600pa, STANDARD LIFE PENSION, VITALITY INSURANCE, MOBILE, LAPTOP, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY & 3 CHARITY DAYS + BIRTHDAY OFF PER ANNUM + STRONG EARNING AND CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
LOCATION: LONDON & SOUTH EAST
PLEASE NOTE: CANDIDATE MUST BE BASED WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTE TO CENTRAL LONDON (45 MIN – 1 HOUR MAX)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST BE PREPARED TO TRAVEL FURTHER AFIELD IF REQUIRED
Vacancy No: 4223
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Grant Neale
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 110