Are you a driven & high calibre, NEW BUSINESS & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT FOCUSED SALES PROFESSIONAL with experience in promoting CONSTRUCTION products to Local Authorities, NHS Estate Departments (Clinical Care and Ward Managers etc) and End User Clients? Are you also familiar with the specification process through Architects, Designers & specifiers?
If so, we are working with a one of the UK’s leading Specialist Safe and Secure Door sets Manufacturers
They are seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Business Development Manager to join their team due to rapid growth and expansion with responsibility for promoting the full portfolio of bespoke Door set solutions to the Mental Healthcare sector, South West/South Wales region
We are very proud to be working alongside a specialist UK Manufacturer and who are confident in their infrastructure, training and induction program along with their honest, down to earth, and one community culture.
They are open to speaking with high calibre candidates who are coming from an aligned construction product sales environment however having Door set, Ironmongery or Electronic Access Control experience and a proven track record of selling to the above routes to market would be advantageous. Never the less the successful Candidate will have the desire sell products that play a leading role in helping people recover safely from mental illness.
- The primary function of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, drawing on existing contacts and relationships, cold calling, site visits or other means of generating interest along with be responsibility for maintaining, growing, nurturing and developing existing key accounts.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with our clients based on facts.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve customer relations.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new products, solutions and services to clients by working with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
- Introduce controlled sales growth by strategic planning and target KPI’s.
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER will…
- Fully embrace, live and breathe the company’s purpose “Together, we design for good. We help protect people through vulnerable times.”
- Have good alignment to their core business values: - “Powered by Purpose, Empathy Over Egos, Dedicated to Design, Commercial with Conscience, Team Together”
- Have high-level Local Authority, Council, Specification, End User (Private & Public sector i.e., Nuffield Health / NHS etc), Main Contractor and sub-contractor/installer sales experience along with having experience in managing projects with long gestation periods (18 months +)
- Following up new business opportunities and arranging meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations and meetings, in person on virtually using Microsoft Teams etc.
- Communicating products and solutions to prospective Architects, Designers, Specifiers, Local Authorities Estates Dept’s, End Users (NHS), Clinical Directors, Contractors and Installers
- Ability to build and maintain a robust project/sales pipeline.
- Producing key management reports and key performance indicators
- Manage customer expectations, under promise and over deliver.
- Be confident working with Order Values from £250k+
- Be responsible for working towards and over exceeding a £1m target (approx.) turnover
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER should have…
- A proven track record in selling into the Health sector is advantageous.
- Demonstrate stability in previous roles.
- Demonstrate and have an excellent understanding of the ways and workings of the NHS sector along with managing a construction product sales process from inception through to completion.
- Excellent Microsoft Office/Google Suite skills including, Excel, Word & PowerPoint and Salesforce CRM systems.
- Strong organisational skills.
- High Attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and contribute positively in a team.
- Key account management experience, developing long term profitable partnerships.
- Strong willed mindset, outgoing personality, extremely diligent and hardworking.
Desirables Skills and Experience Required:
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER should have….
- ESSENTIAL: A PROVEN NEW BUSINESS & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PROFILE 40/60
- Current market knowledge
- Minimum of five years’ experience of leading operational and sales activities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels.
- Proven experience in delivering sales through development of business relationships.
- Ability to manage customer expectations.
- Challenging current offering to customers leading to continuous improvements.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation and both verbal/written skills
- Leadership – strong, consistent, clear, inspire others, integrity, ability to drive through change
- Empowering Others – Delegation of trust, correct controls, feedback, communicate accountability and responsibility.
- Caring – genuinely driven by helping people.
- Action orientated – Able to deal with problems in appropriate time frames.
- Driven by results – Decisive, confident addressing problems and opportunities, challenging activities to improve performance, demonstrate willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards.
- Effective communication – Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal.
- Strategic agility – recognition of a changing need and speed of response, rapid reaction to challenges.
- High Standards – demonstrating a motivation to improve standards and thereby making a real difference, challenging inadequate solutions.
- Integrity and trust – demonstrating a sense of commitment to openness, honesty, loyalty and high standards in undertaking the role.
- People management – demonstrating commitment to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders.
Salary & Benefits: ULTRA COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY + EXCEPTIONAL EARNING POTENTIAL + CAR ALLOWANCE + PENSION + HOLIDAY + MOBILE, LAPTOP ETC
Location: SOUTH CENTRAL | SOUTH WEST | SOUTH WALES | OCCASIONAL TRIPS TO LONDON – Candidate ideally based: Reading, Andover, Bristol, Oxford, Swindon, and Newbury
Vacancy No: 4054
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Grant Neale
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 110