Do you have an interest in building a career with an ultra-dynamic and growing HVAC company?
If so, this exciting opportunity to join a well-respected, highly rated HVAC Company based on the Surrey / Sussex borders might what you’ve been looking for? Are you a highly skilled engineer wanting that step into a contracts / project’s role?
A successful UK HVAC company with an incredible reputation built up through years of dedication and professionalism. Our Client is a Sussex based specialist contractor and installer of Bespoke Air Conditioning and FM Services servicing the Surrey, Sussex and South London area in the Commercial and Residential marketplace.
Our Client is committed to the continuous development of their team and offer excellent career progression opportunities to anyone who joins their business who demonstrates the necessary attributes.
The most exciting Air Conditioning Company in the South East!
Are you an experienced engineer who is motivated to come ‘off the tools’ and feel you have what it takes to move into Contracts & Project Management?
Are you currently a Contracts Manager or Project Manager within the Air Conditioning industry and are looking for an opportunity to progress, diversify and have an influence in a company which is becoming known as “The South East’s best”
Our clients are actively seeking a reliable, organised, disciplined and structured Contracts & Project Manager to add to its team in a growth position with an attitude to progress as an individual & work together with a strong technical team.
They are a rapidly growing business with the attitude of "Being number 1" doubling in growth each year. With growth become new challenges. Due to several contract wins, they are seeking a Contracts & Project Manager with a minimum of 7 years’ experience (please do not apply if you do not have this amount of experience or a highly motivated mindset)
- Assist engineers and senior members of the business pre-order to produce costings on installation projects
- Participate in review of new projects to finalise design, scope, and commercial aspects of new orders.
- Attend project handover with the client to confirm scope and timeline requirements.
- Manage procurement for all equipment and subcontracts works related to all projects in your control.
- Produce or take responsibility for production of schematic and general arrangement/installation drawings and ensure good document control so that contractor is using current version
- Produce project plans for all projects and update as necessary
- Co-ordination of equipment parts & subcontractors to ensure required time frames are achieved
- Providing technical support to clients & engineers, co-ordinating projects
- Liaising closely with clients, providing detailed updates on projects
- Managing installations and commissioning of industrial cooling systems to ensure they are technically correct to an acceptable standard.
- Managing engineers/teams on site, ensuring contract agreements are met and health and safety standards are maintained.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
- Works closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- Financial control of project to meet or ideally improve on budget
- Assist in filtering design flaws throughout the project
- Any other duties deemed necessary
Range of work
- Small residential splits
- Large range VRF projects
- All in the South of England with limited London work
Knowledge and skills
- ESSENTIAL – Must be a maximum of 30 miles commute of the Gatwick area
- ESSENTIAL – Must be upbeat, professional, likeable, willing to learn, grow and flourish
- ESSENTIAL – Must have a minimum 7 years engineering and/or Contract/Project management experience and MUST be an expert with all things Air Conditioning.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond in a calm manner to a demanding environment
- Good attention to detail ensuring all aspects of the role are maintained to a high standard.
- Team player who can collaborate with all areas of the business to ensure customers satisfaction
- Self-motivated, engaging, able to build rapport with clients and facilitate internal and external customers to drive the project forward
- Used to dealing with end user clients
- AutoCAD experience (not essential but understanding)
- Electrical knowledge/experience
- Fault finding experience
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Health and safety awareness
- Have a proven track record of working on Commercial and Residential projects
- Full UK driving license
- Computer literate
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- CITB skills card
Salary and Benefits: £Strong Basic (DOE) + Additional Earning Incentives + Car/Van + Full Benefits + Progressive Opportunities
Location: Field Based: Surrey, Sussex, South London, Kent (30 mile radius of Gatwick)
Vacancy No: 4001
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Grant Neale
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 110