Are you a diligent, organised, technically minded and experienced Design Specification Manager to join the business to support the team & customer base with higher level technical product enquiries?
If so, we are working with a one of the UK’s leading Specialist Safe and Secure Doorsets and Door Component Manufacturers
They are seeking to recruit an experienced Design Specification Manager to join their team due to rapid growth and expansion.
We are very proud to be working alongside a specialist UK Manufacturer and who are confident in their infrastructure, training and induction program along with their honest, down to earth, and one community culture.
They are open to speaking with high calibre candidates who are coming from ideally a Door or Door Component background with a proven track record in a similar role or an experienced technical sales professional that is looking for something different. A career path with excellent progression opportunities awaits the successful candidate...
- The Design Specification Manager is responsible for developing technical proposals for projects across the business on a day-to-day basis.
- This role works closely with the Business Development Managers and Project Managers internally as well as numerous stakeholders externally to create a deliverable solution which meets our customer’s needs.
- The role will work closely with colleagues across the Operations teams in all aspects of the project through the sales / specification steps to a secured order with regular inputs throughout delivery of the project.
- This role contributes significantly to the overall delivery of the Operations strategy and will work across all projects within the business.
The DESIGN SPECIFICATION MANAGER will…
- Fully embrace, live and breathe the company’s purpose “Together, we design for good. We help protect people through vulnerable times.”
- Have good alignment to their core business values: - “Powered by Purpose, Empathy Over Egos, Dedicated to Design, Commercial with Conscience, Team Together”
- Prepare accurate and appropriate specifications for all systems and products.
- Be the customer facing technical contact for all external customers.
- Provide technical support to the Client, Architects, Main Contractors, Sub-contractors, and Specifiers.
- Provide technical and budgetary documentation to the customer.
- Conduct or internally coordinate on site surveys.
- Capture and share customer, market, and competitor insight.
- Support generation of new project and product opportunities.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various internal stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Preparation of accurate internal information for purposes of full quote estimation and project scoping.
- Maintain accurate project notes around proposal generation and client information / discussions.
- Contribute to lessons learned sessions and prioritise actions / outcomes.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
The DESIGN SPECIFICATION MANAGER should have…
- A comprehensive understanding of doorsets, ironmongery and the construction market.
- A track record of developing specifications and pricing preferably within the healthcare sector.
- Awareness / experience of architectural processes and tools including BIM, NBS.
- Ability to translate architectural information (floor plans, schedules, elevations) to construction schedules and other documentation.
- Excellent people and influencing skills through effective collaboration and leadership.
- Strong stakeholder management skills based on high levels of emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to successfully manage a busy and diverse workload.
- A resourceful self-starter and solution finder that can thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage complexity, control multiple ‘moving parts’ and establish methodology, structure and discipline.
- Change and project management tools and techniques
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent IT/planning systems skills (we use Salesforce, MS Office and Google workspace).
- Leadership – strong, consistent, clear, inspire others, integrity, ability to drive through change
- Empowering Others – Delegation of trust, correct controls, feedback, communicate accountability and responsibility.
- Caring – genuinely driven by helping people.
- Action orientated – Able to deal with problems in appropriate time frames.
- Driven by results – Decisive, confident addressing problems and opportunities, challenging activities to improve performance, demonstrate willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards.
- Effective communication – Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal.
- Strategic agility – recognition of a changing need and speed of response, rapid reaction to challenges.
- High Standards – demonstrating a motivation to improve standards and thereby making a real difference, challenging inadequate solutions.
- Integrity and trust – demonstrating a sense of commitment to openness, honesty, loyalty and high standards in undertaking the role.
- People management – demonstrating commitment to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders.
SALARY & BENEFITS: HIGH BASIC (£45,000 - £48,000) + FULL BENEFITS
LOCATION: NORTH UK – IDEAL LOCATION (M1 / M6 / M62 / M42)
Vacancy No: 4221
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Grant Neale
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 110