• Based from their office in Leicester 2-3 days per week, with flexibility and hybrid working
• Competitive salary + bonus + car + pension + healthcare
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation within the building materials industry.
This is a broad role which requires not only a good understanding of all things digital/IT/e-commerce but also a strong commercial appreciation, combined with (ideally) knowledge and experience of the building materials industry and the organisations that operate within it.
The NMBS have been doing a great job for 60 years and have already developed some industry-leading technology such as OnePlace. This role is all about taking them to the next level and covers improvements to existing technology along with potentially creating a B2B marketplace, cybersecurity, and uncovering new digital business opportunities for their members and suppliers.
This exciting new role will truly be at the forefront of the digital revolution across the entire industry. So, you're not just responsible for digital for one business in one small part of the industry!
NMBS is on the cusp of a digital transformation that promises operational revolution and industry leadership. By recognising and capitalizing, on these opportunities, NMBS is not only poised to thrive in the digital era but is also set to reshape the builders' merchant industry. This exciting new role will play a key part for both the NMBS and the entire sector, guiding the business through this transition, optimizing opportunities and mitigating threats.
About the Role
A Digital Director is an individual who will enable NMBS to progress in the digital world by using the potential of modern online technologies and data (i.e., digital transformation) and will oversee our operations in the rapidly changing digital sectors like mobile and web applications, social media and related applications, virtual goods, as well as web-based information management and marketing.
- Lead digital transformation efforts across the entire organisation.
- Report Center / Data Plus
- E-Commerce Services
- Cyber Security Services
- Business Intelligence Services
- Internal Business Intelligence
- Systems Automation
- Internal and external integrations
- Set and implement the digital strategy by working with cross-functional partners to transition from traditional to digital processes.
- Create a truly digital NMBS.
- Provide efficiencies through that digital offering.
- Ensure a digital NMBS is at the core of the value creation.
- Break down data silos, promote digital culture and build a digital business technology platform.
- Create a digital strategy that incorporates all core NMBS functions.
- Ensure OnePlace is the platform for the future.
- Incorporate and merge NMBS’s databases.
- Monetize data collected from multiple sources.
- E-Commerce Offering
- Cyber Security
- Increase efficiency for suppliers.
- Create a B2B marketplace.
- Implement data analytics effectively into business processes.
- Use NMBS Data sets to create true business intelligence.
- Lead on multi-department dashboards and live KPIs
- Develop fact-based metrics to determine the ROI of digital efforts.
- Create a forum for data-driven decisions for all departments.
- Track a realise and department digital ROI.
- Support the development and marketing of new products and services.
- Grow and nurture brand loyalty on social networks and online communities.
- Determine key influencers and empower them with tools to promote branding and corporate messages.
- Uncover new digital business opportunities and develop revenue streams.
- Rebate Management
- Increased digital services for suppliers.
- Improved digital services for members.
- Digital Acquisitions
- Build relationships externally with vendors, startups and third-party stakeholders.
- Keep pace with market innovation to maintain a fresh digital strategy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the building materials industry and the organisations that operate within it
- Demonstrable commercial and digital trading experience operating at senior management/director level
- Excellent understanding of Digital platforms and e-commerce and proven record of implementing this within a business to create growth and opportunities
- Proven record of managing, leading and coaching a team
- Proven work experience as a Digital Director or Similar
- Recognised qualifications such as CMI Digital Leadership Level 7, BSC Degree in Marketing & Digital Technologies or Qualified by Experience
- Able to solve complex problems
- Good with MS Office Suite, including competency in Excel creating pivot tables
- Desirable- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL database skills, Web & Software development
- Understand how digital channels work
- Strong relationships with key personnel within the industry
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships with stakeholders across teams and with key industry partners
- Good presentation skills to deliver updates to large audiences at forums and seminars
- A winning attitude with a drive to do well.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively on own initiative as well as with other team members
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to network and communicate with people from all levels and background
- Target-driven approach to ensure deadlines are met
- Enthusiastic, High Energy with a desire to succeed
- A commitment to developing self and others.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Approachable and polite
To apply please send your CV to Neil Holloway at our retained consultants Wilson Brook: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Neil on 07796 542641 for a confidential discussion