Are you a strategic senior-level Account Manager with experience in nurturing relationships with National and Independent Merchants and Buying Groups along with directing a highly driven team of account executives?
Our Client is looking to appoint a Head of Key Accounts as part of an exciting period of growth with their business.
With over 30 years experience in designing and producing high quality engineered solutions, our Client has established a strong market position spanning the building and civil engineering sectors Worldwide and are regarded as market leaders.
The company is an award-winning manufacturer of a specialist range of products used in various applications including civil engineering, landscaping, industrial and mechanical and electrical installations.
The business is built on innovation and commitment to providing high quality service to customers and through their nationwide stockists, enabling them to play an integral role in building and civil engineering projects.
Your role will be toto oversee all aspects of strategic account management with our Client’s key Merchant Groups (including Fortis, NBBM H&B Wolseley, Stark Group, Huws Gray).
You will also be responsible for leading and mentoring a small team of Account Executives whilst playing a full part in the life of the business to support its distinctive mission through negotiation and management of agreements and developing sales, business plans and maintaining strong relationships with customers at all times.
- Responsible for creating, driving and effectively delivering the account strategy and communicating a shared vision through the account team, senior managers and regional sales teams for execution, resulting in retaining existing accounts, regaining down-trading accounts and obtaining new accounts through merchant distribution.
- Through critical thinking, ensure strategies are consistent with the dynamic needs and goals of the business in both the short and long-term.
- Achievement of objectives through various sales channels in accordance with our Client’s business strategy to guarantee the development and constant growth of the business.
- Deliver business goals by building trust and providing strategic and realistic solutions whilst anticipating customers' existing and future needs (with forecasting in mind) and develop compelling resolutions to their issues.
- Play an integral part in maintaining & generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting and trusted partnerships.
- Provide strategic market intelligence into the customer/market requirements and competitor activity to pro-actively manage the on-going development of the business proposition.
- To direct, manage, mentor and coach the Key Account Executives so they are contributing effectively to the business and continually develop in their roles.
- To provide a comprehensive working document and Key Account Business Plan for each of the Nationals and Buying Groups in collaboration with the team and the customer that provides mutual benefit.
- Prepare business cases, proposals and agreements for all current and opportunity tenders.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in Key Account Management principles and demonstrative growth of accounts through key relationships at all levels.
- Proven experience of effective people management, with the ability to motivate and empower their team to take ownership of their role responsibilities.
- Proven track record in managing strategic relationships with Builders Merchants and Buying Groups
- Conversant in building strong relationships with strategic customers with the ability to identify needs and requirements to promote solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction.
- Strong communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding and implementation of CRM systems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work unsupervised with the desire and determination to succeed, achieve goals and company aspirations.
- Ability to think of and carry out new ideas and concepts.
- Personable, persuasive and influential.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency, and demonstrate willingness to continuously develop proficiency, in relevant software tools and applications.
Location/Area: United Kingdom (ideally based within a 3-hour commute to London)
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience plus bonus
Benefits: Company Car, Laptop, Mobile Phone, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, full support and continuous training
Vacancy No: 5042
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Hayley Reynolds
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 108