Are you an experienced Sales Director looking to enhance your career with one of UK’s leading premium integrated sales solution and service experience for all of your aluminum and cast-iron rainwater and roofline business?
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for a Head of Sales to join our Client’s successful business at an exciting time in the further development of their brand in the UK market.
You will be responsible for overseeing all of the sales activities of the company and managing the external sales team. It is expected that the role will be split between working in the field and at Leicester Head Office
Key responsibilities include: -
- Responsibility for the company’s sales budget
- Preparing all financial calculations and analytical data required within sales function
- Be actively involved in field days with sales team members and customers
- Setting activity and sales targets for members of the sales team
- Motivating the external sales team to achieve the best results possible
- Working with the Marketing Manager on brand direction and collateral
- Involvement in the introduction of new products and improvements to the marketplace
- Ensuring business is secured profitably, through effective use of contract support term’s levels.
- Administering the company’s CRM system, including overseeing all aspects relating to sales activity and the production of weekly reports
- Working with internal sales managers to facilitate training and development of all members of the external and internal sales teams
- Managing customer and business expectations, liaising with all internal departments to secure best outcomes
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process
- Seeing market opportunities for new customers
- Attending regular internal meetings with senior management and focus groups
- Being directly involved in the recruitment and selection for the sales department
- Negotiating of trade agreements including terms and rebate levels with key customer groups and the submission of sales reports
- Regular reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Previous experience successfully managing sales teams ideally from a similar industry.
- Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate sales teams.
- Have a strong influential behavioural profile.
- Work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations at a high level
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft operating systems i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have the confidence to take decisions and the ability to problem-solve.
- Understanding of the specification route from Architects to end customer.
- Should have the ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Knowledge of metal rainwater/roofline systems would be desirable
- Have strong planning and organisational skills.
- Requirement to have a clean driving licence.
Location/Area: The position is home based and will involve travel and occasional overnight stays
Salary: £55k - £65k+ Company Car + Company Benefits
Benefits: An excellent benefits package
Vacancy No: 4296
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Luke Chaplin
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 107