With a network of branches our client supplies a range of building products / construction materials to the construction sector.
Products will include commercial interior products, insulation, partitions, suspended ceilings, drywall and fire protection solutions.
Due to growth their flagship Northampton branch is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Internal Sales Negotiator / Internal Sales Executive to join their busy sales office.
- Previous experience within an Internal Sales role within the construction supply / building materials sector e.g. builders merchants or distributor
- Customer focused
- Good communication and negotiation
- Results driven
- Team player
- Detail conscious
- Business focused
- To follow up and file quotations issued to check competitiveness and to secure sales
- To provide feedback on pricing levels to Managers
- To maintain content and accuracy of sales daybook
- To assist with project tracking of potential business
- To answer all internal sales enquiries, advising product availability, delivery dates, transport schedules and product lead-times promptly and accurately
- To deal with customer complaints in a fair and reasonable manner to resolve problems quickly and satisfactorily for all parties concerned
- To proactively call nil spend/dormant/targeted accounts as requested by Management
- To respond to telephone sales enquiries, pricing in accordance with current guidelines, to maximize their profitable conversion to orders
- To assist in collecting cash from debtors, where this is appropriate
- To receive, examine, and link confirmation orders, advising any amendments necessary to originals
- To check and confirm dates and content of direct deliveries as they fall due
- To pass checked and confirmed direct deliveries daily to invoicing
- To liaise with suppliers on schedules for incoming goods for specific orders
- To liaise with the Transport Manager to advise customers of any alterations to delivery schedules
- To keep own price lists current and updated
- To assist in maintaining current and updated price lists and manufacturer literature at the branch
- To assist with periodic stock takes where required.
- Customer service experience
- IT proficient (MS office)
- Strong sales experience
Do you have experience within a builders merchants? Do you have sales experience with commercial interior products, suspended ceilings, partitioning, drywall, insulation, fire protection or associated building materials? Then please apply!!
Starting basic of £22,000 - £34,000 dependent upon experience
Fantastic company bonus scheme
Company pension contributions & life assurance plan
Generous holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
For further information on this Internal Sales Negotiator role please get in touch.
Role: Internal Sales Negotiator
Sector: Building Materials / Builders Merchants
Package: £22,000 - £34,000 + Bonus
0161 660 2548