We have an exciting opportunity to join a leading Tool & Machinery Manufacturer & Distributor as a Product Development Specialist; you will be responsible for managing all aspects of a product lifecycle, including long term development and marketing.
Reporting to: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Working in the New Product Development Department you will focus on developing our clients existing product portfolio and recommend new ones for them to bring to the market. Ideally you will have excellent project management experience, as there will be a high degree communication with suppliers.
- Research and compile reports on the state of the industry, trend forecasts, and competitive analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational guidelines and objectives for the product portfolio
- Develop and execute marketing programs to promote the company’s brand
- Liaising with internal departments on marketing promotions and merchandising, and sales and operations functions for product updates, issues and training.
- Communication with suppliers on product manufacturing specifications, quality control and delivering new products within budget and to timescale
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- A strong background history of working in the Tool or Machinery sector
- Be able to analyse market trends, develop sales, price and profitability strategies, and to recommend improvements and increase revenue
- Effective communication skills
- Customer focused with sound commercial skills.
- Good IT skills & PC literate and experience with Microsoft Outlook
Location/Area: Welwyn Garden City
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Vacancy No: 4011
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Fiona Hamilton
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 105