Are you experienced in field sales with a passion for driving results?
If so, this exciting opportunity to join a well known manufacturer of drainage and water management products might be what you’ve been looking for.
Our Client is a successful business with a market leading reputation offering specialised solutions to the water management, roofing, architectural and house building markets.
With their long standing heritage of excellence in manufacturing and supplying a range of high quality products, our Client is strategically focussed in building specialised positions across their variety of business units, each well known for innovation quality and unrivalled support.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the main purpose of your role will be to promote our Client’s market leading range of drainage products and exceed budgeted profit and sales targets within a defined sales territory.
Your target market will include Developers, Main Contractors, M&E Contractors, Civil Engineering Contractors, Architects and Public Health Engineers.
You will be tasked with raising awareness, generating sales and hitting agreed targets, working closely with the Area Sales Managers in the specified region.
Requirements of the Role
- Raise the Company’s profile within the customer base outlined above.
- Have an understanding of the specification process with Public Health & Civil Engineers, and Architects.
- Have an understanding of different contract types.
- Raise the company’s profile and develop relationships with agreed key Developers, Main & Sub Contractors
- Promote and develop existing & new Supply & Fit contractors within the developer market
- Drive contractor related sales via ASM’s through existing Key Accounts and to identify and secure further Key Account partnerships.
- Identifier and Manage large blue-chip projects and developments across the region and follow through the supply chain until an agreed point to involve / pass over to the respective ASM(s)
- Work alongside and promote key S&F contractors and work with ASM’s to develop new ones that may already be approved with key developers
- Chair regional cross brand meetings
- Develop a regional strategy for product ranges working alongside the Brand Managers
- Be able to deliver presentations & CPD’s at all levels of the supply chain.
- Be able to negotiate prices within agreed parameters and set up commercial deals within the agreed customer base to give the company the best margin opportunities.
- Work with distribution partners at Regional Major project & key account level
- Work with and utilise opportunities with other areas of the business
- Knowledge of reading site drawings is crucial
- Promote and sell new products ranges
- Where necessary, assist with New Product Development area and liaise with the NPD&I department
- Ensure accurate data is inputted into the CRM system and that it is kept up to date. Quotation conversion rates will be measured.
- Relevant reports to be completed in the timescales provided.
- Work closely with the ASM’s & RS Brand Manager’s to ensure the company delivers the sales outlined in the agreed strategy.
In order to successfully undertake this role, you will need to be an ambitious individual who is able to work well independently and continuously work towards developing new project opportunities and drive sales.
- Self motivated individual who can work well either on their own or in a team.
- Clean drivers licence is essential.
- Competent IT skills are required, will need to know how to use MS Office & Outlook.
- Good communication skills with a friendly approach are needed.
- Ability to work under pressure with an excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Sound business acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and a good understanding of Specifier, Contractor and Merchant relationships are required, with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside Area Sales Managers priorities to deliver customer service excellence.
- Overnight stays will be required
If successful, you will be joining a rapidly growing business that is able to provide you with excellent career progression opportunities along with a competitive remuneration package.
Location/Area: Southern England
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary + Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
Benefits: Bonus, Company Car, Laptop, Mobile Phone
Vacancy No: 4123
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Hayley Reynolds
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 108