Are you interested in joining an established supplier of construction and landscaping products?
With a history that spans over six decades, our client has grown into one of the UK’s most renowned designers, manufacturers, and distributors of building products for the commercial and domestic markets.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company whose products are held in high regard at an exciting stage in their development in the UK construction sector.
Our client is seeking a dynamic individual to join their sales team because of an increase in demand for their products. If you have experience in developing relationships with Merchants, Groundworkers, House Builders and Contractors this role is for you.
The Regional Sales Executive focuses on securing orders for products by meeting and influencing targeted customer groups that include groundworkers, tier 1 contractors, housebuilders, civil merchants / builder’s merchants. The Regional Sales Executive will work closely with the Regional Specification Manager to ensure they turn their specifications and those of their competitors into orders. The Regional Sales Executive will be responsible for ensuring that the overall Scotland regional product group sales and profitability targets are achieved and exceeded.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Secure orders for our client’s products at agreed profitability targets.
- Hold project specific meetings with the following customer groups; Groundworkers, tier 1 contractors, housebuilders & civil merchants.
- Manage project opportunities via CRM and ensure they have all the correct information that will enable the conversion of this project to an order for the company.
- Use CRM to manage and plan your weekly customer facing activity aligned to your targeted customer meeting count as agreed with your line manager.
- Track timeframes of projects and convert specifications for products and overturn those of competitors working in conjunction with your specification colleagues.
- Enhance performance of customer accounts and develop strategies for maintaining and developing relationships with all key decision-makers across the customer groups.
- Identify potential customer accounts either not trading with the company or not trading to full customer potential and deliver plans for winning the business.
- To work effectively with all other functions of the business including internal sales, credit control and dispatch to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- To work closely on core product sales with other members of the team to ensure sales are maximised wherever possible.
- To accurately forecast customer demand and requirements to enable effective operations planning.
- To accurately feed into the business accurate and up to date customer product requirement programme details.
- To positively influence customers’ perceptions of the company and promote the company as being the supplier of choice for concrete paving products.
- To act as an ambassador for the company and always promote its values.
- Use LinkedIn to identify customers and increase brand awareness.
- Promote initiatives to the marketing team to support your regional activities.
- Carry out other duties as required by management that are within skills capabilities.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Negotiation Skills.
- Team Player
- Hard Working
- Relationship Builder
- Independent Thinker
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Very Well Organised
- Confidence to work independently or as part of a team.
- Adaptable to Change
- Rejection Handling
- Strategic Thinker
- Positive Outlook
- Well Presented
This role offers the successful Candidate numerous opportunities for career progression along with continuous training and development.
Salary: Excellent Salary Package + Hight OTE
Package: Company Car or Car Allowance Company Rewards Scheme, Career Development Opportunities, Pension, 25 Days Holiday
Vacancy No: 5065
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Hayley Reynolds
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 108