Are you a driven & high calibre, SPECIFICATION-LED SALES PROFESSIONAL with experience in promoting CONSTRUCTION products to Architects and End User Clients?
Can you demonstrate “back selling” via trade wholesalers or distributors to ensure specifications generated convert to sales? If so, we are working with a one of the UK’s leading Specialist Safe and Secure Doorsets and Door Component Manufacturers
They are seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Regional Specification Manager to join their team due to rapid growth and expansion with responsibility for promoting the full portfolio of Door Components and Ironmongery, including their award-winning specialist range.
We are very proud to be working alongside a specialist UK Manufacturer and who are confident in their infrastructure, training and induction program along with their honest, down to earth, one community culture.
They are open to speaking with high calibre candidates who are coming from any Construction background with a proven track record of creating new specification business through Architects & End User clients as well as being able to bring existing relationships to the role. A career path with excellent progression opportunities awaits the successful candidate...
- The primary function of the Regional Specification Manager is to utilize all available tools to identify specification opportunities, approach the key stakeholders and positively influence their specification.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with our clients based on facts. Experience selling “high price, low cost” products would be advantageous – you will have products that can evidence lowest lifetime cost so need to use this to build specifications.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve customer relations.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new products, solutions and services to clients by working with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
- Introduce controlled sales growth by strategic planning and target KPI’s. Communicating key project milestones to internal stakeholders via good use of their CRM platform.
The REGIONAL SALES MANAGER will…
- Fully embrace, live and breathe the company’s purpose “Together, we design for good. We help protect people through vulnerable times.”
- Have good alignment to their core business values: - “Powered by Purpose, Empathy Over Egos, Dedicated to Design, Commercial with Conscience, Team Together”
- Have high-level Local Authority estate dept, Architect, sales experience along with medium to long project gestation periods (6-18 months)
- Following up new business opportunities and arranging own meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations and meetings, in person and virtually using Microsoft Teams etc.
- Communicating products and solutions to prospective Architects, Designers, Specifiers, Local Authorities, Architectural Ironmongers, Door Manufacturers, Contractors and Installers
- Follow the full sales cycle from creating the specification, protecting the specification, “backselling” via Architectural Ironmongers and/or Door Manufacturers to ensure product is used onsite.
- Ability to build and maintain a robust project/sales pipeline.
- Producing key management reports and key performance indicators
- Be naturally inquisitive – asks good, probing questions of customers to really understand their needs and challenges.
- Manage customer expectations, under promise and over deliver.
- Be responsible for working towards and over exceeding a £1m target (approx.) turnover
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
The REGIONAL SALES MANAGER should have…
- A proven track record in selling into the Education sector is essential.
- Demonstrate stability in previous roles.
- Demonstrate and have an excellent understanding of the ways and workings of the NHS sector along with managing a construction product sales process from inception through to completion.
- Excellent Microsoft Office/Google Suite skills including, Excel, Word & PowerPoint and Salesforce CRM systems.
- Strong organisational skills.
- High Attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and contribute positively in a team.
- Key account management experience, developing long term profitable partnerships.
- Strong willed mindset, outgoing personality, extremely diligent and hardworking.
Desirables Skills and Experience Required:
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER should have….
- ESSENTIAL: A PROVEN NEW BUSINESS & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PROFILE 40/60
- Current market knowledge within Education / Construction
- Minimum of five years’ experience of leading operational and sales activities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels.
- Proven experience in delivering sales through development of business relationships.
- Ability to manage customer expectations.
- Challenging current offering to customers leading to continuous improvements.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation and both verbal/written skills
- Leadership – strong, consistent, clear, inspire others, integrity, ability to drive through change
- Empowering Others – Delegation of trust, correct controls, feedback, communicate accountability and responsibility.
- Caring – genuinely driven by helping people.
- Action orientated – Able to deal with problems in appropriate time frames.
- Driven by results – Decisive, confident addressing problems and opportunities, challenging activities to improve performance, demonstrate willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards.
- Effective communication – Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal.
- Strategic agility – recognition of a changing need and speed of response, rapid reaction to challenges.
- High Standards – demonstrating a motivation to improve standards and thereby making a real difference, challenging inadequate solutions.
- Integrity and trust – demonstrating a sense of commitment to openness, honesty, loyalty and high standards in undertaking the role.
- People management – demonstrating commitment to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders.
Salary & Benefits: High Basic (Up to £50,000) + Uncapped OTE (11K+) + Car Allowance (£500pm) + Pension + Holiday + Mobile, Laptop etc
Location: South UK- Ideal Location (M4 or M40 corridor)
Vacancy No: 4220
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Grant Neale
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 110