Are you a driven, high calibre, talented and ambitious sales professional with experience in promoting interior products with a strong network of connections and relationships with Architects, Interior Designers, Fit Out/Design & Build Contractors and End Users?
If so, we are working with a leading Manufacturer of highly sustainable and design led FLOORING SOLUTIONS who are seeking to recruit a SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER to join their already well-established team due to an internal promotion with responsibility for promoting their products and services in the SOUTH WEST | SOUTH WALES region.
To promote our Client’s high quality, market leading range of Sustainable Floor Covering solutions, mainly via Architects, Interior Designers, Fit Out/D&B Contractors and End Users into the Commercial Office, Health, Education and Hospitality & Leisure sectors by raising awareness, generating sales and over exceeding agreed targets and customised KPI’s whilst working closely with other members of the team both internally and externally.
- Develop, gain buy-in to, and implement an area specific business development plan in order to proactively identify and target agreed growth and development opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers at all levels of the customer hierarchy, in order to provide support and develop awareness of the benefits and uniqueness of Interface’s products, services and offers/campaigns, and identify the decision makers.
- Develop and implement plans and actions for identifying or reactivating customers and setting up new accounts
- Identify, monitor, report and record all sales opportunities so that they may be converted into sales, to maintain and improve market share.
- Collaborate with colleagues with integrity on projects which are interconnected across territory lines, support each other and communicate proactively to ensure Interface is in the best position to win business.
- Sell and influence the sale of all products and services within pricing guidelines and monitor sales levels to ensure business mix whilst ensuring billings targets are reached or exceeded.
- Identify market and competitor information and feed it back to the business in order to ensure market requirements and competitor developments are incorporated into marketing and NPD plans.
- Understand customer requirements for sustainability in order to spot opportunities for the sale of sustainable products and services and engage customers with our mission zero.
- Complete administration on time so that accurate analysis reports can be prepared for use in measurement of progress and forward planning.
Key Performance indicators
- Budget target (Bonus)
- Number of new /reactivated buying A&D and end users accounts created (and developed)
- Billings and/or market share growth with existing customers
- Average Selling Price
- Product, market standards, Competition and Market knowledge
- Specification selling techniques
- Relevance of the visit planning according to customer classification
- Deliver action plans in time (COP or Business Plan)
- Adherence to commercial sales policy and procedures
- CRM system update monthly measure and quality of monthly activity report
- Customer Loyalty and satisfaction
- Personal development objective (from appraisal)
Scale & Scope of the role
- Projects with long lead times, typically up to 18 months
- Mixed or specific customer base (Contractors, Specifiers, End User, Main Contractors, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors)
- Account base specified by geography or customer type
Relating & Networking
Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the Organisation; relates well to people at all levels; Manages conflict; Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
Persuading & Influencing
Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others; Manages conflict; Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
Planning & Organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; Manages time effectively; Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; Sets high standards for quality and quantity; Monitors and maintains quality and productivity; Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; Consistently achieves project goals.
Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
Keeps up-to-date with competitor information and market trends; Identifies business opportunities for the organisation ; Demonstrates financial awareness; Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required – ESSENTIAL
- To be considered Candidates MUST be located close to either Cardiff or Bristol and have an excellent working knowledge of the South West | South Wales region.
- To be considered Candidates MUST have at least 5 years’ experience promoting an interior design led product or service offering along with an in depth understanding of the specification cycle and what that entails.
- To be considered Candidates MUST have a strong network of relationships and connections within the A&D fraternity and any close working relationships with Fit Out / D&B Contractors and End Users would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of long-term project selling cycles
- Evidence of stability and success in similar previous roles
- Must have a growth mindset and must be a business development driven field sales professional
- Team player
- Full driving license
- Computer literate (to include excel)
- Entrepreneurial profile: High motivation, dynamism and autonomy to develop your own business on the specified territory, with methodology and constant focus.
- A natural networker, at ease with building relationships at all levels, and identifying the decision makers
- A person able to grow the existing customers and conquer new customers
Salary: STRONG BASIC SALARY + EXCELLENT OPEN ENDED BONUS STRUCTURE WITH ACCELORTORS + HYBRID CAR (LOW TAX) + PENSION + HEALTHCARE + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + MOBILE + LAPTOP + CREDIT CARD + FUEL CARD
Location: SOUTH WEST | SOUTH WALES – Candidate ideally based in the Cardiff or Bristol area
Vacancy No: 3980
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Grant Neale
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 110