Our client is one of the UK’s leading Independent Distributors of building materials, to the European and UK markets.
Established over forty years ago, our client has a history of servicing Major Construction Companies.
The Senior Group Stock Controller is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in our client’s branches. They will ensure that stock control procedures are in place and adhered to safeguard company stocks.
- To manage all stock control across the different branches
- Overlook the daily cycle counts and investigate any discrepancies.
- Stock adjustments and review stock movement with each depot
- To ensure management appraisals are completed quarterly.
- Sign off on any damaged stock and record correctly
- Manage Quarterly full stock takes.
- Implement systems to eliminate picking errors.
- Manage aged stock.
- Manage stock quality control.
- Train branch managers and warehouse staff to carry out cycle counts.
- Refresh training for all users where required (in conjunction with our Learning and Development manager)
- Liase with the finance team on stock adjustments foreach month end and on stocktakes at year end with auditors.
- Review and update stock controls with senior management- checking samples of incoming and outgoing deliveries for accuracy.
- Work with finance team to develop KPI’s including a monthly stock reconciliation report by branch.
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Will need to travel to Ireland once a month with an overnight stay
- High level qualification in Stock management or Business/ Finance related field
- Prior Supplier experience in inventory management
- Minimum experience of 4 years in warehouse environment
- Understanding of warehouse processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (Both written and Oral)
Skills and Competencies:
- Specific experience in stock accounting and management
- Good understanding of stock related operational and control requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
Location/Area: Nationwide – European Travel As Required
Salary: Competitive Salary, dependent on level of experience
Package: Company car, laptop, mobile phone, Expenses Fully Paid
Vacancy No: 5069
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Sharon Hopkins Ives
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 107