Are you interested in joining an established supplier of construction and landscaping products?
With a history that spans over six decades, our client has grown into one of the UK’s most renowned designers, manufacturers, and distributors of building products for the commercial and domestic markets.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company whose products are held in high regard at an exciting stage in their development in the UK construction sector.
Our client is seeking a dynamic individual to join their Specification team because of an increase in demand for their products. If you have experience working with Architects, Landscape Architects, Engineers, and Local Authorities and have the professionalism and the expertise to secure project specifications, this role is for you.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Target Architects, Landscape Architects, Engineers & Local Authorities to assist in the specification process.
- Confidently conduct CPD presentations to groups of up to 30 Architects.
- With the support of the sales support team, you will be expected to attend a set number of meetings per week and a minimum of 48 CPDs per year.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all the company's products and their applications.
- Promote company business by effective contact with specifiers and generally raise awareness of the company.
- Actively seek new customers and sell the technical capabilities of the company and its products.
- Establish new sales opportunities through industry networking and interrogation of CRM.
- Ensure all sales leads are passed on to the sales team in a format that enables them to close a deal.
- Market the company's products to specifiers, engineers, and developers by issuing corporate sales literature, and by personal contact.
- Provide existing customers with a high level of service.
- Be aware of competition, and competitor’s products and prices.
- Maintain schedules as instructed by management to facilitate cold calling, timely introductions and to follow up initial contacts.
- Provide monthly reports on trends and sales performance.
- To manage all customer contact information through use of the CRM system.
- To attend construction sites and train or advise customers about safe and correct use of products and where failures or defects occur to resolve the issue in conjunction with the sales team, product managers and other technical staff.
- Co-operation with management and other sales staff to ensure the efficient running of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to confidently conduct one to one meeting in a professional environment.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognise commercial opportunities and develop new business.
- Technically competent
- Previous experience in a specification role involving hard landscaping or building product specification.
This role offers the successful Candidate numerous opportunities for career progression along with continuous training and development.
Location/Area: Midlands Region
Salary: Excellent Salary Package + Hight OTE
Package: Company Car or Car Allowance Company Rewards Scheme, Career Development Opportunities, Pension, 25 Days Holiday
Vacancy No: 5064
To apply or to find out more:
Consultant Hayley Reynolds
Tel No 01234 826450 Ext 108