In response to market conditions and customer demand, commercial vehicle sales company MAC’s Truck Sales has announced plans to launch a dedicated truck rental business to complement its long established truck sales operation.
As of September 15, MAC’s Truck Rental & Leasing Co will be share the head office site at MAC’s Truck Sales in Huddersfield. The company has already invested more than £10 million in new vehicles as part of its launch programme, promising immediate availability of vehicles for short, medium and long term rental customers.
With the backing of its parent company, MAC’s Truck Rental will focus on specialist vehicle types including skip vehicles, hook loaders, crane mounted trucks, beaver tail/cheese wedge rigids, as well as tipper trucks and tipper grab trucks, with DAF, Volvo and Scania being the predominant vehicle marques in the MAC’s Truck Rental range.
Parent company MAC’s Truck Sales has noted a distinct change in vehicle acquisition trends in the marketplace in recent years, with more customers moving to leasing and renting of vehicles rather than outright purchase. With this in mind, MAC’s Truck Rental will target companies specifically looking to rent vehicles. To launch this new business venture, the company has invested in over £10 million worth of new Euro VI trucks with WVTA approved bodies.
If they were being purchased outright, these vehicle types would normally have long production lead times, the company claims. By committing to a significant investment in new vehicles ahead of launch, Mac’s Truck Rental is able to offer its customers vehicles off the shelf, supplied with full manufacturer’s warranty covering the chassis and the body as well as an after-care service.
Initially, the range of vehicles available for rental from MAC’s Truck Rental will cover:
· Skip trucks – new DAF LF220 18t rigid chassis with VDL extended arm skip equipment
· Hook loader trucks – Scania and DAF 32t rigid trucks with VDL hook loaders bodies and sheeting systems
· Beavertail bodied trucks – new Scania and DAF 32t 8x2 and 26t 6x2 rigid chassis with MAC designed beavertail bodies
· Cheese wedge trucks – DAF, Scania and Volvo 32t and 26t rigids, again with MAC designed cheese wedge bodies
· Crane trucks - a range of rigid chassis with either beavertail or cheese wedge body types, fitted with FASSI or Palfinger cranes, covering 15t per metre to 100t per metre reach
· Tipper trucks – DAF and Scania 32t 8x4 rigid tippers specified with Thompson bodies and fitted with sheeting systems and air tailgates.
· Tipper grab rigids will also be available with Epsilon cranes/grabs
MAC’s Truck Rental will also attend the RWM Exhibition in September, demonstrating a selection of its crane mounted, skip body and hook loader trucks at the three day event at the NEC in Birmingham.